1. How many games played do you see for the following players in 2008: Nate Tomko, Ben Smith, Shelley Goodpastor, Jon Olsavsky, Dennis
Lackey, Jamie Moroco, Jared Clayton, Mikey Moroco, Matt
NT: 15, BS: 18, SG: 9, JO: 17, DL: 4, JM: 20, JC: 10, MM: 21, MM: 14
2. Will we ever see trades in the SBL again? If so, what trades do you think would make sense?
The past two seasons there really haven’t been as many such roster moves, but you have to keep in mind that in the past couple seasons, the teams have been pretty much hand picked by either team captains or people who know something about baseketball. I really think this year you may have a chance to see the trade deadline come into play, as there are in my opinion many more chances for personality/team chemistry clashes than in the last couple. Which teams might you see makes some moves? Well, the three teams that come to mind are…
The Kamikazzes (PJ and John have seemed content in the last couple years to come when it suits them...which is not good for a captain who needs them there every week yet might not have the stones to call and bitch at PJ to come like Nate or Rando would).
Banana Democracy (If a player on the roster isn’t at least in question as far as attendance goes, then he is a rookie…and we all know that sometimes rookies aren’t what they seem. Also, for karma’s sake, I think kippy needs to trade for a girl)
Fleshy Funbridges (If good players are not getting their share of playing time on a good team (see team Hall) then this could be the logical destination. I don’t know anyway who doesn’t enjoy playing with Rando.)
3. If you could make your own team of players you have never played with, who would be on it?
Shernisky, Rando, Pat Nespor and myself
4. If you were to construct your own All-American team, with drinking
ability being the only attribute considered, who would be on it?
Nate, Rando, Ben Smith, Bill, and Wes Davis
5. What is your status for this summer?
This really is a loaded question. The one thing for sure is that I’m going to find a new job and will not be there opening day (or probably the first couple weeks). After that, I see a few distinct possibilities.
1) I find a job in Pittsburgh and come home to play Sundays.
2) I end up moving in with Billy and working back in the valley
3) I take a job with the government in DC and work most every Sunday
Yeah, to make matters worse, I kind of met a girl out here…so nothing is really for certain.
6. Which team (not yours) will you enjoy watching most this year?
The fleshy funbridges!
Funny yet not contrived team name…check
Jaime Moroco on roster…check
Two most likeable GFs in the league…check
Loveable fat rookie who isn’t a ringer…check
Player expected of taking performance enhancers in the past…check
Biggest lightweight/funniest drunk ever (Palini)…check
Captain who cares more about fun than winning…check
What more is there to love?
7. Will we see regular updates to your blog?
It will really depend on how things play out with this new job and where I’m living.
8. Who's the biggest cheater: Bryan Frankovich (picking up ringers unknown to the rest of the league in past drafts), Bill Belichik (videotaping scandal), or Barry Bonds (steroids)?
When Ben Smith starts scraping the bottom of the barrel with questions, it’s obvious.
Ummmmm, I’m going to go with Bonds. At least the other two will admit to their crimes. Barry Bonds insults my intelligence.
9. Who is your dark horse POTY candidate?
Wow, this is going to sound wrong, but I have to say Terry Hall.
10. Rank the seven statistical categories in order of importance.
Didn’t you ask me this same one last year Ben?
1) Games played, 2) RBIs 3)DPs 4) Average 5)Assists 6)HRs 7) POs
11. How does it feel to be in the Hall of Fame? Any speech planned?
It honestly feels very similar to the Player of the Year Award in that I certainly didn’t feel deserving, but apparently was acknowledged for things other than just athletic prowess. Let’s face it, Frankovich came from that same year and he is a much more gifted athlete. Let’s just say it meant a lot. If I were to die tomorrow, I’d want it on my epitaph.